Preskočite na glavni sadržaj


A producer is an energy entity with a license to produce electricity, an energy entity producing electricity for its own needs and an energy entity having generation facilities of up to 500 kW.

A producer may buy or sell the electricity to another producer, supplier, trader, power exchange, Croatian Transmission System Operator in order to provide ancillary services, providing balancing services, compensation plan exchanges and to cover losses in the transmission network, HEP Distribution System Operator in order to provide ancillary services and to cover losses in the distribution network or in a way that is imported or exported over Croatian borders.
There are two types of producers in Croatia:
  • an eligible producer,
  • an independent producer.

An eligible producer is producer which can obtain the status through production of electricity from the renewables and cogeneration. The Energy Act, the Law on renewable energy and high-efficiency cogeneration and secondary legislation regulate incentivizing such electricity production as well as the purchase/sale of electricity produced from the renewables and cogeneration.

In order to participate in the electricity market a potential producer shall undertake the following:
  • registration of company or entrepreneur in court register of Commercial court of  Republic of Croatia,
  • obtaining energy activity license for production of electricity issued by Croatian Energy Regulatory Agency (in case of facility's installed capacity >= 500 kW),
  • entering into network use contract with CTSO and/or HEP-DSO,
  • obtaining EIC code from Issuing Office authorized by ENTSO-E (EIC),
  • in case a potential producer wants to participate as:
    • Balance group manager: sign a Balance Responsibility Agreement with CTSO,
    • Member of existing balance group: sign a Membership Agreement with manager of existing balance group, 
  • submitting a completed Request for signing of an Agreement with HROTE (Request),
  • entering into Electricity Market Participation Agreement with HROTE (Agreement),
  • in case of electricity import or export:
    • applying to CTSO for participation in cross border transmission capacities allocation,
participation in allocation of cross border transmission capacities (organized and held by CTSO, JAO or SEE CAO).

This website uses cookies to provide better user experience and functionality. You can set cookie settings in your web browser. Read more about the cookies here. With click to continue using this site or by clicking the „I agree“ button you agree to use our cookies.

I agree I disagree